Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4-8 hrs
- 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
- 16 oz. bottle of Russian, Catalina, or Italian salad dressing
- 4 -5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- Mix the preserves with the bottle of salad dressing. Stir until well-mixed and smooth.
- Place chicken breasts inside slow cooker.
- Stir in the chopped onions. Mix well.
- Pour the preserve/dressing mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours (chicken should reach internal temperature of 165 degrees)
- Serve over rice
- Side dish: green beans
- I usually cook chicken breasts on low for 4 hours, and then I check the temperature. Often that’s good enough to thoroughly cook the meat without drying it out. This recipe doesn’t require the chicken to be shredded, so it doesn’t need to cook as long as other recipes might.